For this holiday season, we decided to give props to some of our favorite blogs. We put together a list of recipes that we think will spruce up your Hanukah menu (which usually consists of the same old potato latkes and jam-filled doughnuts).
- This isn’t a recipe but a video trailer of Lara Ferroni’s book, “Doughnuts: Simple and Delicious Recipes to Make at Home”. If this doesn’t get you into the mood to make doughnuts, nothing will. http://vimeo.com/15617364
- Did we already say that she wrote an entire book on doughnuts? We chose Lara Ferroni’s Baked Strawberry Donut Holes from the book as our fav.
- We love Orangette’s Strawberry Conserve to fill our doughnuts.
- Our last doughnut recipe is reserved for the queen of baking, JoytheBaker and her awesome Double Dipped Apple Doughnuts
- Oh Sunday Suppers-you make us want to throw dinner parties at least once a month. These elegant latkes will definitely make your Hanukah soiree an elegant one.
- One of our favorite go-to-blogs for all recipes, Deb from Smitten Kitchen didn’t let us down with these Zucchini Fritters.
- Who knew latkes could be this pretty. Only Bea from La Tartine Gourmande could make Yam and Turnip Galettes into a masterpiece.
- Danya isn’t into olive oil cakes. Deanna really is. We won’t be posting one anytime soon. Here is a link to a great one from Matt Bites.
- Scroll down to find Nectar and Light’s Pecan Shortbread. This eye-candy blog is perfect for foodies who love music- each recipe is followed by a playlist. Rock on.
A big thanks to these bloggers and all the others out there who are doing what they love (and we love). Happy Holidays from the girls of Matkonation.
Xo, Danya and Deanna